Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ebey's Landing



On Saturday we are waking up early and driving 2 hours to Whidbey Island. We plan on hiking most of the day there because there is a great view of the San Juan Islands. On the way home we are going to take a ferry from Whidbey to Mukilteo, which will be my first ferry ride since we moved to Washington, I've only ridden a ferry once before and that was in NYC to go to the statue of liberty in high school. I wish we had a bike rack for the new car because I would really like to bring the bikes and ride a bit but oh well, maybe next time.




Also today is my moms birthday and also Abraham Lincoln's birthday


Lastly, I don't know if this is tmi or what but i am tired of talking about it so I'll put it here in hopes that i won't have to have this conversation again. I had a miscarriage. I don't have any idea what happened. We were very excited, I did everything right. i stopped drinking caffeine, eating salt, and seafood. I made sure to exercise and i was reading everything i could. we picked out names, we made plans with work and doctors and prenatal yoga and all that jazz but for some reason this just happened. i can only say that i am incredibly sad but i do feel glad that if this had to happen I am glad that it happened at 5 weeks and not 15 and also i find comfort in knowing that it probably happened because something was wrong with our baby and we will be better in the long run because all we wanted was a healthy baby. so here i am....sad but kind of okay with it. i do know one thing for sure: Tim is fantastic and i am sure that we will always be perfect together.

1 comment: