Tuesday, November 10, 2009

cooking

Since I found out I was pregnant I've been reading anything and everything about pregnancy that i can find. In doing so i joined a couple message boards for women who have april 2010 due dates. Its really nice to read about other peoples concerns and to hear advice from non first time moms. One of the most common topics on the message boards are easy recipes to make, which is awesome cause i love easy recipes. 7 ingredients or less please!

Anyhow last night i made egg in a basket for the first time and oh my god was it the most delicious and easiest thing ever! All you do is butter both sides of a piece of bread, use a cookie cutter or small glass to cut a hole in the center of the bread, put the bread in a buttered skillet, and crack an egg right into the hole in the bread. After about 2 minutes you flip the bread over and VIOLA! a wonderful breakfast or just a snack in the middle of the day.




And for dinner tonight I made chicken and dumplings. Since it started getting colder outside i had been craving them. I cheated and used canned biscuits for the dumplings but you would never know. It came out really well and I made way to much so I think I'll take some to my mom tomorrow since she always shares with me.



I am already very excited for Christmas but i need to be careful no too look over my favorite holiday, THANKSGIVING!!!!!! Mom put me in charge of desserts which is probably the best idea EVER. I think the reasoning went something like this, "Jordan is pregnant, Jordan is constantly craving sweets, I wonder what she is most excited about eating at thanksgiving?" I've already gotten all of my recipes planned out. I am making a chocolate pecan pie that i found on Paula Dean's website (so you know it will be delicious and have like 4 sticks of butter), pumpkin cheesecake, and peanut butter fudge.

mmmmmmmm can't wait for thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment