When we moved into our house we did not know that i was pregnant and i am positive that i would have said a GIANT heck no to living with 4 grown men had i known that i was going to have a baby. So this little baby is going to show up some time in late April or early may and we will still have 4 months of our lease to ride out before we can move into our own place just for the 3 of us. I wont have to yell and scream and pull my hair out because some one thought it was a great idea to make queso at 3am and not clean up any of the mess it made or because no one and i mean no one will take out the giant amount of garbage that 5 grown ups can make but me, and various other roommate drama that can make any sane person feel crazy. Anyway so the count down is on! 6ish months until the baby and 9ish months until I NEVER NEVER NEVER have roommates again!
Wow i kind of got off track of what this post was all about, so back to the nesting. Since we are living with so many other people we will not be having a nursery, there just isn't any room for it so I've been rearranging our room for the past couple weeks to see how we'll be able to fit our stuff and baby stuff all in our room (granted its a pretty big room) and while i was doing all that i decided that if Tim and I are grown up enough to be having a baby, that maybe just maybe we are grown up enough to have a bedroom where things match, ha ha what a thought.
We started off with our closet, it had 3 really awkward sliding wood doors that made it where you could never open any of the doors more than about 8 inches or so, so you couldn't really store any big items in there. I had Tim take the doors completely off and and he stored them in the garage very carefully so when we move out we can put everything back together like it was when we moved in. Then i went to Target and got some satin-y type gray curtains and I got the power drill out and installed everything myself. For the next few days I couldn't figure out what to do with our dresser so i moved it into the closet which is great because i thought having the TV in plain sight was tacky anyway and now it perfectly hidden away in the closet and no one has to see it but us.
Behold my excellent carpentry skills!
I should mention that this room business is still a work in progress but I did order a new duvet cover that matches the curtains.
Complete with Nashville breaking it in!
Finally, the newest thing i just got in the mail yesterday is this steam punk style jewelry rack I ordered off a website called etsy.com. Etsy has all kinds of handmade one of a kind artsy craftsy type things.
I still haven't decided where to put it but I love love love it.
Where the bed is takes up about half of our room and since i managed to get the dresser in the closet that leaves the other half of the room for baby things like crib and dresser and things like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment