Friday, January 29, 2010
Diapers
As I've said before we are going to use cloth diapers for Henry, not the old timey prefolds and water-proof cover kind but the new awesome kind. I did a lot of reading on them before deciding what kind/brand to buy and everything I've found says to buy a variety because every baby is different and one that fits baby A perfectly won't work nearly as well for baby B. I've been trying to buy some here and there so it doesn't seem like such a big expense (the cloth diapers we decided to go with run anywhere from $12-$20) and if i want to do laundry every other day, its recommended that I have about 2 dozen. So I got them all out today to see what exactly I have. Turns out I have 26 size small diapers that are either the Fuzzi Bunz brand or Dream Eze and they fit newborn to about 16 pounds. Then I also have 8 one size fits all diapers that are a mix of 5 different brands (Fuzzi Bunz, Bum Genius, Haute Pockets, Happy Heiny's and Baby Kanga's.) I think I am definitely set for a while but I'll need about 15 more of the onze fits all eventually and I do need to order some extra inserts before he gets here. Anyway here is a picture of all the diapers on the floor of my room! That pink one right on top is a gift from Mr. Johnathan Farmer, thats right Henry is man enough to wear a pink diaper!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Boy, diapers have sure evolved over the years!I'm still not sure how these new ones work. Well at least you won't have to worry about using diaper pins and sticking a squirmy baby like Pop did to Kaila once.By the way, I commented on your post about the beef stew and didn't realize I should have put my name on it in case you couldn't figure it out. I sure love reading your blog.Keep up the good work. Love you bunches!XOXOXO Grandma
ReplyDeletei swear i thought i sent blue!
ReplyDelete-johnathan
I can't wait to hear your experiences so that I which brands are worth it. I've read a bunch about it, but I think having your experience will be invaluable.
ReplyDeletedefinitely try the Kissaluvs newborn diapers. i found them best for conatining runny newborn poo and best fitting for my kiddos who were all about 6-7 pounds. nothing else fit well at that time.
ReplyDeletegood luck with cd'ing! its fun and addictive
who made that last comment?
ReplyDelete