Saturday, January 16, 2010

Rash UPDATE

So Monday I went to the doctor because of a crazy itchy rash that was taking over my whole body. It was honestly the worst itching I've ever felt, like the kind where you want to rip your skin off and nothing was working to make it stop. I wasn't able to sleep more than an hour at a time because I Kept waking myself up scratching.

Anyway doctor said its normal, take Benedryl and rub on Hydrocortisone creme. Well both of these things did not help at all, like not even a little bit. So I started looking online for what was going on and found out that what I have is called PUPPS and it just happens in some pregnant women and there is no medical cure for it besides really really strong steroids, you basically just have to be miserable until you give birth. (some women even choose to be induced so that they can get some relief but I think thats a little extreme) It happens to about 1% or pregnant women, usually occurs in the 3rd trimester (but can happen earlier), and usually in women carrying boys or multiples.

So i read for hours about what other people had tried to get some relief and found a few things that looked interesting. On Tuesday I started this new crazy regime of about 5 different things so i suppose if I start getting better I won't be able to know which of the things is making me better. haha.

My day goes something like this:
Wake up make a cup of dandlion root tea with honey
Drink a giant glass of V8
Hop in the shower and scrub with this special pine tar soap that smells like a campfire
Then scrub with this organic natural no dye or perfume exfoliating scrub
Use the pine tar soap again
I repeat the shower steps 3 times per dayand try to drink at least 2 cups of the tea

So today is Friday and guess what?!?!?

Something is working!!!! In the begining the shower would give me about 4-5 hours of relief and I'd have to shower again but by today I had one shower at 6am and didn't take another one until midnight. THATS 18 HOURS, PEOPLE! The bumps on my belly are almost completely smooth and my arms and getting there. Still itchy sometimes but nothing like before, its totally manageable. I guess Tim is just going to have to get used to having a wife who smells like a campfire. And I am going to keep up with the tea and soaps because I've read that if you don't it WILL come back.

I'm so happy I found something that works, I was so upset that we'd have to cancel maternity pictures because I am sure as heck not shelling out the big bucks for pictures of me covered in bright red hives!


This picture isn't of me but its exactly what my belly, arms, chest, neck, and face were covered with for a few days. Gross right?

2 comments:

  1. Omg that rash looks terrible, I am so glad that you've found something that is helping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete