I had a little coffee tonight for the 1st time in probably 6 months and that explains why its 1:15am and I am still awake even though we have a Dr. appointment at 8am.
We graduated baby class this week, so that was exciting. We'll have another get together sometime in June to meet all the babies and catch up with the other parents from class. Its hard to believe that in 46 days(give or take a few) mine and Tim's lives will change forever. I guess its just weird to have a count down to when your life will change because up until now those kinds of things always happened very spur of the moment.
I really feel ready though, I'm not scared anymore. I think even though I wasn't sure how much I would actually learn in our classes, I did learn. Plus it lead to some great conversations for Tim and I, conversations we more than likely wouldn't have had otherwise. I feel like I've made all the decisions that can be made ahead of time and we'll make the rest when it comes to it. We even made the birth plan last night. Its pretty simple and to the point and I know that things don't always go as planned and I am ready for that too but this is the best case scenario.
birth wishes
·I do not want an IV, monitors, catheters unless absolutely medically necessary. (I do know that in a hospital, monitoring to some extent is mandatory)
*I will ask for pain management as I need it.
·I want to be able to naturally work through my labor pains by moving around, walking, warm shower, etc.
·I would like to let the labor proceed as it will, with no PITOCIN/CYTOTECH unless labor has stalled to the point that it is dangerous for mom or baby.
·I want to hold my baby ASAP and the baby can be cleaned and suctioned while he is with me. He can get his shots, etc., after I have nursed him.
·I want my husband to cut the cord and if possible help "catch" the baby.
·I plan to exclusively breastfeed.
*If an epidural is necessary I would like to try a "walking epidural".
*I would like to give birth vaginally if at all possible, but if a Cesarean is necessary I would like the reasons explained to me before hand.
I sure hope I fall asleep soon.
Oh and congratulations to my friends Meagan and August, who found out they are having a boy today! Elliott and Henry are going to be great friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment