Friday, June 18, 2010

6 weeks


Henry sleeping in his new (to us) stroller, I cropped out Nashville pooping (you're welcome!)

So last night was our first night out. We went out to dinner at a Puerto Rican restaurant and then went to see a band called Drag the River play. The band is from Tim's home town. We had a good time but the show ran a little late and we didn't get back to my moms to pick up Hank until about 1:30am, which is way too late, but they said they didn't mind. Gotta love grandparents! We are going to another show next week but its at the zoo and Henry gets to come too. yay!

A weird thing happened at the show, well i guess it isn't that weird but I sat there for an hour trying to come up with something to talk to our friends about and I couldn't think of one single thing that wasn't baby related. I guess that is another reason why I need some mom friends here in Seattle.


Well it rained on Wednesday and Thursday so baby boot camp was canceled so today Henry, Nash, and I went to green lake and ran. I don't go to green lake very often during the week but its all moms and kids which is pretty cool except a lot of them seem to be the kind of moms who think that a $500 stroller is super important. I'm not really that kind of mom but I sure would like to make some mom friends.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, you'll meet some other moms before you know it. It's not weird to only have baby related brain thinking going on.....
    it's been the main thing on your mind for almost a year...it just takes a little time to shift gears. Your a GREAT MOM and thats the most important job there is in my book!
    xoxo, your mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a few short weeks I'll be able to be your mom friend, but unfortunately it will have to be a long distance relationship.

    ReplyDelete