Tim woke up late this morning so instead of riding the bus to work he drove the car and Henry and I made plans to ride the bus to his work to have lunch with him and pick up the car. We walked to the bus stop in the rain and just as we walked up our bus was pulling out so we took a different bus and I think that was our first mistake. It takes 2 different busses to get to Tim's work, one takes you downtown and one goes from downtown to his work. Henry slept in the carrier strapped to me the whole 1st bus ride, thenw e got off downtown and he started to freak out cause he needed a diaper change but there was no place for me to change him. Then I started freaking out about getting on the second bus with him screaming and I couldn't decided what to do and Tim wasn't answering his phone, and then the bus drove right past us and I thought I was going to cry right there with Henry. So we walked to Victrola, a coffee shop that my sister-in-law works at, but she wasn't there so I grabbed the bathroom key and ran in to change Henry before anyone could make me buy anything. Finally Tim called me back and he came and picked us up downtown. I think we'll wait to take another bus ride until he is a little older. I don't know what to do when he screams in public, I get nervous that everyone is thinking mean thoughts about us and I think he can tell I'm getting stressed out and that doesn't help him calm down at all.
In other news, we found a new apartment!!!!!! Its 1.7 miles from our house and we get to move in starting July 1st and since we don't have to be out of the house until the end of August that means we get 2 whole months to slowly move. Its 2 bedrooms, so I can finally decorate a nursery:) We have a little backyardish area that Tim can garden in, gated underground parking, a washer and dryer, and elevators!
Also, how is it possible for a baby to make so much laundry? I used to do our laundry once a week and now it seems like the hamper is over flowing after 2 days.
Also also I can't speak highly enough of cloth diapers! They are so easy, maybe even easier than disposables, he doesn't get any rashes with them, and they just look so much cuter on his little butt. I might even try to do them tonight instead of disposables, maybe.
Oh that bus ride sounds terrible. I'm sorry you had a hectic day.
ReplyDeleteAs for the nighttime diapers. Check out this board. I lurk there and they have a lot of info on cloth diapering and what's best for night time. I haven't paid a super amount of attention to these posts because they're not applicable to me yet, but they should be able to help you out.
The talk a lot about soakers a doublers for night time diapering, but I'm not exactly sure what those are.
Congrats on the apartment!
ReplyDelete