Friday, August 27, 2010

Its official!

I, Jordan W, am a hypocrite!

I talked a ton of smack about people who spend a fortune on strollers and how ridiculous it is and now I want one too. But I have good reasons so don't go judging me too fast:)

First of all when I bought the Combi, I didn't think I'd use a jogger very much and thought it would be perfect. It is really cute and it reclines sand Henry will actually nap in it, but it is a little flimsy, the sun/rain cover isn't big enough, it doesn't have an observation window, and its a pain in the butt to push over anything but super smooth concrete.

 So I bought a jogger at a consignment store for $50 and it is pretty great. Its got giant tires that can go anywhere, a 5 point harness just like his car seat, and plenty of storage, but it folds up huge! It won't even fit in the back of our car so I have to shove it in the back seat floor which makes putting Henry in his car seat a huge pain and he hates riding in the car so its helpful if someone sits in the back with him but with the stroller there you can't sit there. Also it does not recline so he gets fussy after about 20 minutes and I can no longer run/exercise.


I am trying to sell both of these on craigslist so I can justify buying the BOB sport utility stroller, which is perfect for us and BOB strollers have such a good reputation that when we need to trade our single stroller in for a double I'll be able to sell it and make back a good portion of what I paid for it.
Wish me luck! So far no one wants to buy my stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a Once Upon a Child up there? I know people who've sold there stuff that way pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought an EasyWalker and have been thinking about selling some stuff to justify that huge purchase as well. Where did you sell your cloth diapers? I have a bunch of gDiapers I should probably get rid of, half of them were never even worn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer- I sold my diapers on the babycenter diaper swap board http://community.babycenter.com/groups/a69805/cloth_diaper_swap

    I've also heard of people using diaperswapers.com

    ReplyDelete