Henry aka Michael Douglas wants you to know about how his mom made his 1st birthday party invitations!
I decided that to save money I am going to try and make all of Henry's birthday party stuff. I decided on a garden theme, because Henry and Tim spend so much time there but if you Google "garden theme birthday party" you will find absolutely NOTHING! So, I was basically on my own to come up with ideas for things I could do. I decided that mushrooms are cute AND delicious so the invitations look like mushrooms!
I went to Kinko's and bought their brown-ist card stock which turns out to be just barely tan. Then I went to Fred Meyer and bought a sheet of red poster board, red brads, green envelopes, and white circle scrapbook stickers. When I got home I measured the envelope and figured out the maximum size that my invite could be. Then I decided what I wanted the invitation to say and tried out several versions of fonts and sizes on normal paper. When I had the right size and font for my envelope I printed it out on the card stock and cut out the mushroom shape. I used a bowl for the the circle part and free handed the stem. Then I used the bowl again to make a stencil for the red poster board mushroom cap cover portion of the invite. Once I cut everything out I used one of my husbands drill bits to punch a hole for the brad because the only red brads i could find were tiny. I fastened the tan card stock and red poster board together with the brad and then randomly placed the white circle stickers onto the mushroom cap.
There you have it!
The invitations are simply adorable! I wish I was crafty! I love the party theme too! We are doing Sesame Street/The Muppets!
ReplyDeleteYour invites are cute. I saw in this month's Parents magazine one of their birthday ideas was a Woodland Fairy party and they had mushroom cupcakes that looked just like your invites. I'll show it to you at the next PEPS meeting.
ReplyDeleteYou have so many good ideas, Jordan! Kudos!
ReplyDelete