It is no secret that I am not a very girly girl, heck I felt weird in a dress until after I got married!
With that said I do like to wear dresses and make up these days. The problem is that since I was never into that kind of thing earlier in my life, I never really learned how to be a girly girl. I don't know how to do anything! Every time I wear make up I kind of feel like a fraud. Like any girl who knows anything about make up is going to look at me and instantly know that I am an imposter and that I have no idea what I am doing. I've owned my eye liner longer than I've been married and I have the same eye lash curler since high school!
I've contemplated going to the MAC counter and telling them to have their way with me but I would be way too embarrassed to ever do that. I don't know what to do with myself, any suggestions?
At this point I feel like I just need to take a class called fashion/style 101 and study my way to being the kind of girl I want to be.
Help a mama out!
I'm still using the eyeliner I bought for my wedding and I think I'm pretty girly... well kind of.
ReplyDeleteI used to work at the Dior counter so I may be able to help you with make up.
I'm going to give you links to things I love that you might too.
You have beautiful skin, you shouldn't need anything more than this. I love this stuff, you'll need the light version.
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P157910&categoryId=B70
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P174211&categoryId=C12181&shouldPaginate=true
That stuff is clear and then works with your skin tone to make the right shade of blush for you. I love this stuff. Right now I'm just using something like this though. http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P266115&categoryId=C12181&shouldPaginate=true, but a cheap Avon one from my MIL.
Smashbox has my favorite eye shadow, I love the onstage trio, but it's kind of hard to find. It would look great on you though. http://www.smashbox.com/EYE-SHADOW-TRIO it's the second color palate, not the one in the big picture.
I think the ULTA brand kohl eyeliner is really good, and I just use drug store mascara. If you need something for your brows I suggest going to the benefit brow bar. They have this at Ulta.
I would get everything at ULTA, they have designer and drug store brands, are priced well, and the staff is usually really friendly.
I think you are beautiful just the way you are!You could go to a cosmetic counter when they have free facials like they did in LJ at Dillards. Another thing to remember is you are never to young to start using a good moisterizer.Love You,
ReplyDeleteI know exactly how you feel. I've only been wearing make up and dresses for a couple of years, and it's a harder transition than it seems, especially if you feel like you don't know what you're doing. I've found that if I really like something someone else is doing they'll usually tell you how to do it, and there's always you tube instructional videos. That sounds a little stupid but actually it's great. I learned a lot of techniques for putting on make up on yout tube.
ReplyDeleteCan we trade? I'm the total opposite. I grew up as a girly girl and even went so far as to become a hair stylist and make up artist in my early twenties. Now, at 26, with the knowledge that I have about how toxic make up is and the self confidence that I've built without beauty products you will very rarely find me "done up". Personally, I think you should embrace your natural beauty! If anything, think about investing in some good skin care to protect and preserve your skin. I really like Pangea Organics. In my opinion they are one of the best skincare lines in the world and very affordable in terms of the quality you are getting. Check them out and no matter what you do, please do not get started on MAC makeup.. it's terrible for your skin and made of hazardous chemicals!
ReplyDelete