Thursday, July 21, 2011
My new mantra
I was just telling Tim how I feel like I should make a new blog but I don't really know what to talk about.
Are you sick of hearing about my leg yet? I had a 2 week follow up appointment this week and the doctor said I am healing nicely. I had some new x-rays taken and he said I don't need to keep the incision covered anymore, which is about as exciting as it gets, right?
Last night I started reading some message boards about my particular injury and people were discussing healing time. I shouldn't have gone there. Some people were saying that 2 years after surgery they still didn't feel right and they were still having pain. It's discouraging. I have to keep reminding myself that I don't know their whole story. They could be smokers or overweight or non exercisers or old, and I am not any of those things. I hope that is enough to heal me up real quick! I asked the doc when I could start physical therapy and he said he doesn't want to rush it. I need this knee forever and for now the best thing is to let the bone grow as strong as I can before I start putting any weight on it. I can do some range of motion exercises as well as leg lifts to keep my muscles from atrophying too much.
I had a meeting with the director of nursing at my school today and she said that I can definitely do my clinicals next quarter. My only fear is that I won't be able to handle that much time on my feet come September but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
This whole experience has been eye opening to say the least. We all take health and mobility for granted. Hind sight is 20/20, there is no way I could have known that someone would never even look my way and run me over, and it could have been my head not my leg. Henry still has a mom, Tim still has a wife. We are the fortunate ones. That is all I really have to say about the accident. I wish it didn't happen, but it did. Life dealt me some lemons and I am doing my best to make some damn good lemonade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Girl. 1st. Good job for blogging. I am so behind, ha! 2nd. I am so happy you are getting better! you have dealt with a lot and you are handling it really well!
ReplyDeleteI certainly agree with Haley! You are handling it so well and I know you will remain strong thro out the healing process! Just keep on keeping on dear Jordan! Love you, Grandma B
ReplyDelete