Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday

Henry had a follow up appointment today to determine if he needs physical therapy. His doctor watched us interact with him and how he was moving and decided that we should start PT. I am not upset about him not walking, he'll walk eventually, they all walk eventually. I actually hadn't planned to be flustered about anything at this appointment but at one point Dr. K went down a list and asked us if Henry was doing those things and when it was all over she said that his gross motor skills are at an 11 month level, then she gave us a paper with H's referral to physical therapy at Seattle Children's Hospital. This paper says that Henry has a developmental delay. That is what upset me. This little boy is perfect. He is sweet and smart and gorgeous and perfect in every single way. I know they have to call it something but it just felt so weird to see that something is wrong with my baby. I know that this isn't a huge deal, in the grand scheme of things this is just a delay not cancer or some other crazy scary problem. However, no mom wants there to ever be anything wrong with their kiddo. Even a small delay can knock the air out of you for a second or two.

Anyway, I'm kind of over it now. D. K said Henry will love all the attention and cools toys.It will be fun to watch him in a new environment. I'll be sure and let everyone know how it goes once we start. I guess Henry and I will be learning how to walk together.

1 comment:

  1. Just read your post and can only imagine how you felt at hearing how anything could possibily be wrong with that beautiful little boy! Well, we all know he is one of a kind and there isn't anything "wrong with him". He just needs a little encouragement to start walking! I'm sure it wont take long before you won't be able to keep up with him. Love you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete