I went to see that psychiatrist and she confirmed that I have post traumatic stress disorder. She gave me a prescription for some medication and a referral to a therapy clinic that deals exclusively with ptsd. She assured me that these freak outs I've been having in the car are perfectly normal and that I should eventually get over this but it will take some time. Tim is a little concerned about the medication. He thinks that they should have to talk to me longer than half an hour to prescribe medication but I looked into it and I am willing to try it for a few months. If I don't notice a difference I'll stop taking it. At this point I am ready to put all this behind me and move on.
I also saw my new physical therapist. He said that for what happened, my knee is in pretty good shape. However, my ankle is really stiff from not using it for two months. He gave me some exercises to do at home and has me coming in twice a week for the next little while.
| Sitting on his toy tractor |
Hooray for walking!!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to read about your PTSD, but hopefully the meds help get you through it!
ReplyDeleteHenry is a walking, talking little man!