Sunday, February 12, 2012

AMAZING

I got to help deliver a baby yesterday! It was the single best experience I've had in nursing school this far. I got to meet the family as they were admitted and help mom labor all day and in 3 pushes she brought a new baby into the world. My nurse preceptor was amazing and and so was this mama! I am 100% certain that I want to be a labor and delivery nurse. I have also been looking into a masters degree in midwifery when I finish nursing school but it is so expensive so we'll see in a few years.

The only bad thing about yesterday was that I left before Henry woke up and I got home as Tim was putting him to bed so I only got to see him for about 2 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! What an amazing experience!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You know, you would be an awesome L&D nurse. Moms need all the support they can get from people who don't just want to shove pitocin down their throat, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing experience!! I think you will make a wonderful labor and delivery nurse.

    ReplyDelete