Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Happy August!

Henry and I played hookey today (I didn't actually have school) and had a zoo day instead. We got up early and packed our lunch and got there right before it was open. We haven't been going to the zoo as often as we were last summer because we've been so busy but it was so awesome seeing how much more Henry could say and do today than the last time I took him. He was naming all the animals and pointing them out before I could tell him what they were.

I also feel like we've turned over a new leaf with the terrible two's. Although Henry still knows how to throw an amazing tantrum, they seem shorter than they used to be and I am able to reason with him easier. He is really understanding the concept of waiting for things which really helps, and I think he can really express himself so it easier to find out why he is crying. He will tell me "Momma, I feeling sad!" Anyway He is just about the sweetest little boy I've ever met and we had an awesome day. I can't wait for him to wake up from his nap so we can go on a little toddler "hike."

riding the train all by himself at a little family farm we checked out last week

Obsessed with powerwheels

Kissing piggies

"Don't even THINK about making me go home."

His best gal Ava reading him bedtime stories
One last game night with Blake, Holly, and Ava before they move back to Texas, very bittersweet

He prefers the statues of animals at the zoo instead of real animals

Hugging daddy gorilla
looks about right

no trip to the zoo is complete with out spending hours driving the tractor!

having a "pik yik"

"mama, I pushing my baby Cece in the strollstroll" not sure who Cece is....

1 comment:

  1. Jordan maybe "baby cece" is Henry's way of saying baby sister.Just saying! lol GGBonnie Glad you both had a great time at the zoo

    ReplyDelete