WOW I cannot believe how much has changed in the last year an a half. The kids are giants our house is prettier. Tim and I are both much busier. We are all thriving and still absolutely LOVING Ft. Collins.
Tim- still about a year from graduating with his bachelors, he plans to go right into grad school. He is currently meeting with any professor who will have him to discuss stipends for grad school. We are keeping our fingers crossed. He will be staying home with the kids this summer do fun outdoor things I'm sure. He basically rides his bike everywhere and is always trying to "bulk up."
Jordan- I got a job a little over a year ago with the hospital across the street from out house. It is where I've wanted to work since I was in nursing school. I am very happy and I am compensated well enough that we can live on my income alone right now. It's a little tight but it is totally working for us. I am also in school half time to get my bachelors degree which is always something I planed to do but I signed a contract to finish within 3 years of my hire date so now I'm chugging along full speed. I am running a half marathon in 9 days that I am not at all prepared for.
Henry- Henry is in kindergarten this year at a charter Waldorf school in town. We love the school and the philosophy but decided that he will start 1st grade at a different school. Ultimately we are worried about the the school staying afloat and our other school of choice contacted us saying Henry has a spot in their 17 seat 1st grade class. He is very excited that the new school has a library and a technology day. The new school is an expeditionary learning school so they really dive into a subject and stay there for a period of time. He is also really pumped about the playground and that they have a pokemon club. He can't read yet but is very excited to learn. I think Tim is planning to teach him over the summer. Henry is also a crazy board game lover. We started with kiddo games but quickly moved on to adult games. He has such a great memory and is an excellent critical thinker. He mostly wants to learn to read so he can go to the comic book store and play dungeons and dragons with the grown ups.
Allison- Allie started preschool last fall at the college where Henry used to go. She is loving every second of "school." She started in the young toddler room and quickly moved up to the older toddler room. We just found out that in the fall she'll move up again into the young preschool room! She is such a sweetheart. She is a fast friend maker and a quicker learner. She loves to draw, paint, and run! She is also very into her baby dolls and being a good little mama. She still eats almost everything we let her try, still loves spicy salsa and is a little firecracker!She can count to 14 and sing any song that you teach her. She likes to play kitchen and grocery shopping and loves to choose her clothes/shoes/hair accessories. Allie is definitely an independent woman.
Nashville- Unfortunately we gave Nash to another family in Loveland last year. She was being a little too aggressive with the kids and peeing on the floor constantly. We just didn't have the time to give to her. I noticed Al yelling at her and realized that she learned it from me and it probably wasn't too great to be Nash at our house. She now lives on a lot of land, gets to be outside most of the day and roam and eat as she pleases. I think she is living the senile beagle dream!
House- We moved in in October of 2014 and immediately pulled up the carpet and replaced all the counter tops and painted all the kitchen cabinets white. Over the last 18 months we replaced the parquet for hickory wood, tore out the landing, and minimized how much stuff we own. Next on the agenda is to redo the upstairs bathroom, finally put up baseboards and trim, paint all the interior doors white, fix the banisters/railing, and replace out sliding glass door with french doors.
Thats a quick update on us, I hope all is well with all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment