Monday, March 30, 2009

san diego pics




















We had an amazing time. It was so great to get some sunshine and see everyone and to meet new family members. The first day Tim and I went to La Jolla cove and walked around and looked at the seals then we rented a kayak and after flipping upside down at least 6 times we finally made it over the breaking waves and paddled around for a while. We even got really close to a seal that was swimming. I was a total wuss though i kept thinking we were going to run in to sharks or topple over and drown or something crazy like that. i can't remember the last time i screamed that much.

The next two days we did a combo of seaworld and wedding festivities. I had wanted to see Shamu since i knew what he was so i thought seaworld was AWESOME. We got to eat fantastic mexican food at the rehearsal dinner and the wedding was gorgeous.

And our last full day we spent at the San Diego Wild life park with Tim's mom and her husband Loren and the bride and groom. It was really neat because all the animals roam around together on a giant mass of land like in the wild. Only certain animals have to be kept separate like the lions and gorillas. I got baby Ireland the cutest little gorilla shirt ever.

Anyhow I've loved San Diego both times I've been there and can't wait to go again.

1 comment:

  1. I feel compelled to clarify that at no point were we ON the hot air balloon pictured above.

    Also, Shamu cried like a tiny girl when I punched him in his fishy-face. True fact.

    ReplyDelete