So Henry finally came out! My water ended up breaking at 2am on May 7Th (about 5 hours before the scheduled induction) so we just decided to start it then. I was in labor for 47 hours but I spent the fist day mostly at home, we tried to go to the hospital but they sent us home because my contractions weren't strong enough. Anyway after about 20 hours in the hospital we decided that a c-section was the best thing for everyone, my water had been broken for too long. So they wheeled me in and after my doctor and anesthesiologist fought about what medication was best they started. Henry was born at 11:33pm on May 7Th,2010. They immediately knew something wasn't right so he went straight to the nursery and was put on oxygen and after a few hours (at 4am) I finally got to hold my son, it was the happiest moment of my life, in fact I am crying now just thinking about it. During the c-section I lost a lot of blood and everyone was really worried (at one point my bottom blood pressure number was a 10) Then everyone left and we went to sleep and the next day they decided that Henry needed to be transferred to a bigger hospital with a NICU because he had an infection in his blood and he was breathing so hard that he couldn't eat. They took him away on Saturday afternoon and Tim went with him. Originally they said I could transfer too but that didn't happen because of my iron problem, so I stayed in the hospital with my mom for 2 more days without Henry or Tim and I think that may have been the hardest thing ever but it ended up being great for them to have 2 days of daddy/son bonding time. Tim is such a great dad:) Finally on Monday I was released from my hospital and I went straight the big hospital downtown where my new little family was. We stayed in the hospital for 7 days and we finally go to come home on Saturday May 15Th. The hospital was awesome, they provided a place for us to sleep every single night so we didn't have to be away from Henry. Now we're home, Henry is napping and Tim is outside refinishing a rocking chair and I couldn't be happier.

Can you believe there is 12 lbs of baby and another 6 lbs of placenta in there?

Tim reading to Hank in the hospital

Finally leaving the hospital after 8 days

I think this was after the 2nd round of meds

Dan, my dad, and Loren smoking cigars after Henry was born. Tim was there too but I think he took the picture

Grandma Patty and Henry

Grandma Tonya and Henry

Henry and I in the NICU

Tim feeding the precious boy (if you look in the back you can see the books Henry has already read!)

Me and 'ol hubby checkers

Uncle Dan and Henry
Well this is all I really have on my camera but between the grandmas I think we probably have hundreds more.
I'm so glad that y'all are home now and that you are both healthy.
ReplyDeleteI'm not going to lie, your birth story scares the crap out of me, but it's nice to know that even when things don't go as planned they can still turn out wonderfully.
haha yeah our birth plan is basically a list of things we didn't do but everything is okay now:)
ReplyDelete