Wednesday, August 04, 2010

back to the land of the living!

We have been moving for the last 2 weeks and just got Internet connection today! I've been feeling so out of touch lately but now I am back and it feels good. We decided to give up TV so its been 2 weeks of nothing.

Henry can now see something, reach for it, pick it up, and stick it in his mouth. He mostly does this with soft things like a blanket or cloth diaper. It happened really fast. He has a glow worm that lights up and sings lullaby's that he started reaching for last week and with in the day he was sticking it in his mouth. He also LOVES to stand up and often gets really angry if/when I make him sit down.

Also we finally finished Henry's room and got the crib put together. Henry is still sleeping in bed with us but he is napping in his crib in the afternoons, in fact he is napping right now:)

A day before we started sleeping at the new place I ran into our neighbor from the old house and ended up chatting in the driveway with her for almost an hour. Its too bad we are moving and won't be neighbors anymore. Anyway, she told me about a group here in Seattle called PEPS (Program for Early Parent Support) and said that some of her friends still meet with their PEPS ground even though their kids are 12 now. I went to an orientation today and got all signed up for a group that starts August 18Th. We will meet once a week for 12 weeks and there is a group leader who kind of guides the meeting. After the 12 weeks is up the parents and babies can still meet up but with out the facilitator. All the babies in my group were born in May and June and they all live in neighborhoods near ours. I hope that we all hit it off and Henry and I make some mom/baby friends.

Tim is still working at the farm on Saturdays and in September he is starting a stream restoration program at The University of Washington. Its a 3 quarter program and he is really excited for that.

I have to go back to work on October 2ND. I would love to quit and stay home full time but I cannot afford $100,000 baby bills without my insurance so I'll be going back, still only part time and only weekends. I think Tim is getting a little nervous to be all alone with Henry for 2 days a week but I think once he gets used to it, it won't be so bad. I am so not looking forward to pumping all the time, its such a pain in the butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment