Saturday, September 25, 2010

building

Last night we put H down for the night around 9 and promptly started working on our new bench! We decided on the bench as our first project because it was relatively simple and we could really use something near the front door to sit down on while you put your shoes on. We picked the lumber up a little earlier in the night but we went to our neighborhood hardware store, and they didn't have all the wood we needed so we made some modifications. Three, 8 foot long boards, a skill saw, screws, and sand paper were the only tools we used.



And voila! A bench! Now it just needs to be painted or stained, I haven't really decided which yet and I am going to make a cushion for the top and it will be done.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to make a bench for my first project too,but I'm going to wait until after we move so I can make sure it fits in the new space.

    It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm inspired! Nice job you two.
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete