Henry and I went up to my work this morning to make sure everything was squared away for me to start back on Saturday and I was told that yes they are ready for me but that they have let go every person who was hired more recently than me. Yikes! that is 8 people! Which means if the state budget gets cut more, I will be the next to go. I am not sure how to feel about this, on one hand it would mean that I get to stay home with Henry all the time and we have gotten used to living on only one income so it wouldn't be that difficult financially, however the state provides me amazing health insurance for a very affordable price, it is pretty much the reason that I decided to go back to work.
My immediate reaction was that if I lose my job, we can't have any more children. Henry's birth was pretty eventful and because of it I am now considered a "high-risk" pregnancy which means more obgyn appointments and more money, with out insurance there is no way we could afford it. Also if I were to lose my job I would have to put school on a back burner, without my extra income there is no money to put Henry in day care while I am at school.
There isn't really much that I can do about it so I'm trying not to worry. We are fortunate that we can still afford to live comfortably on just Tim's income and that is a much better way to see it than just sitting around feeling sorry for myself. I still have a job and I can plan for the future right now by saving as much as possible. When one door closes another one opens.
No comments:
Post a Comment