Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Why do I do this to myself?

Henry and Tim have both been in bed since 9 and here it is almost midnight and I am still goofing off online, I'm sure I'll pay for this tomorrow.

I think summer is officially over for the pacific northwest, its been raining since we came home from our camping trip (which was a great success!) I used to hate when the weather changed because it made me miss Texas and all my friends and all the great things you think of when you think  nostalgically about summer time in your early 20's but this year is different for so many reasons. I am excited for all of the holidays and how magical they are when kids are involved. Also we should have all of our medical bills paid off by the 1st of the year so we can really focus on paying off the car and my student loans as fast as possible.

And then there is the whole sleep thing, every day that goes by Henry gets a little older and closer to sleeping better, at least that is what I am hoping for. As far as I can tell, new moms can talk your ear off about sleep. It is the number  one concern in both of my moms groups! Henry seemed to hit the "3 month sleep regression" and never look back, I kind of think he likes waking up 3-4 times a night. We transitioned him to his crib and it didn't seem to make much of a difference either good or bad so we are sticking with it. And there he is like clock work 12:01AM.

1 comment:

  1. That's why you stay awake, because you know it's coming. It's hard to go to bed at 10:30 when you know you're going to be woken up in an hour and a half.

    ReplyDelete