Wednesday, September 08, 2010

AP

I joined an attachment parenting moms group, not because I am all that into attachment parenting but more because in my very limited experience AP moms are very friendly, caring, and non judgmental.  We do some AP stuff, but I feel like our parenting strategy is to pick a little from column A and a little of column B and make a hodge podge of works well for us.

The group is fairly small and meets in someones house and everybody is nice but I feel like they are very hard to relate to, I feel like they put an insane amount of pressure on themselves to do everything perfect and I am more of a "we all make mistakes, just do better next time" kind of girl. There is no such thing as a perfect parent and if there was everyone would have already read the book and started doing things that way, it won't be the end of the world if your husband puts the baby in the exersaucer for 15 minutes even if that is something you wouldn't do or your mother in law gives your kid a pacifier. These women seem to feel like everything is so permanent, like the baby is going to remember every little mistake you made and hate you for it when he gets older.

I am not bashing the AP lifestyle just saying that this group of ladies/babies aren't the right fit for Henry and I.

1 comment: