Last week I was in a rut, I was stressed out about school, Henry was being extra fussy and things just didn't feel right. Then at my moms group we had a woman come in to talk about child proofing and she basically said "your baby is going to die because his car seat is installed wrong, he'll eat magnets, drink bleach, eat someones medication, drown in the toilet, a shelf is going to fall on top of him......" It was super depressing and got me in a terrible mood, thankfully I am over it now. I know she was just trying to have us be careful, but if worried about everything that could potentially happen I'd be pulling my hair out!
I was playing with the security features on my phone last night and I entered the pin number wrong 3 times in a row and my phone completely locked up on me. It wouldn't even let me play scrabble! So I had to call the phone company from a different phone and prove that I am me to about 4 different people before they would give me a code to unlock it. The whole thing took almost an hour, ugh I hate phone companies!
After being up for almost two days straight working, I was crazy tired this morning and Henry was too! We got to sleep about 2 1/2 hours (which is totally do-able for me) and then my dad called and took us out for lunch. I thought I'd try to sit Henry in the high chair at the restaurant since he is getting so good at sitting up and it worked, he sat there and played with my hat while dad and I ate delicious burgers. This is going to make going out to eat so much easier and more enjoyable now!
Henry has changed so much this week. He can sit unassisted longer and longer and he is actually playing. Before he would put toys in his mouth but he never seemed too enthusiastic about it but now he smiles and laughs at his toys and loves being in his Exersaucer. He has caught on to our bed time routine and goes down most nights with very minimal fussing. We put him down sleepy but awake and he is asleep in less than 5 minutes, and only wakes up once a night to eat. He is still eating anything and everything we'll let him have, so far he has had rice cereal, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, squash, prunes, pears, peaches, avocado and peas. He has tasted but not eaten pineapple and strawberries and he LOVES limes, go figure! All in all I feel like I can read his ques very well and this mom gig is getting easier and a lot more fun. I can't wait for him to start crawling and to be able to tell me what he wants, I know I'll have to wait a while for the second one.
Henry got an adorable new hat!
He gets cuter & cuter in every picture & you have become a great photographer!
ReplyDelete