Friday, October 08, 2010

Operation feel pretty!

Yesterday in my moms group we touched on the subject of body image after baby and I realized that at 5 months postpartum I am still waiting for my body to go back to how it used to be. The problem with this is that my body will never be the same it was before. I think it took us having that chat yesterday for me to finally understand that. I think half of my problem was that I kept thinking that if I just lost X amount of weight, that my body would just look how it used to but as I've already said, it will never be exactly like it used to. The other half of he problem is that I've been refusing to buy any new clothes until I lose more weight, so everyday I look in the closet and put on clothes that were bought for someone else, not this new person I am, both physically and mentally. 15 months ago I was a married lady free to do as I pleased 24/7, I was spontaneous, carefree, and exactly like I wanted to be in that time of my life. Today I am Henry's mom. We do everything around his needs/schedule, I can;t leave the house with out at least 20 minutes of preparation, and you know what? I prefer this new life and this new me. Wider hips, softer tummy and all!

So, even though we are on an extreme budget, Tim and I decided that I need a mental health shopping day so that I can feel pretty again. Henry and I are off to the mall, wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. I still struggle with this! Hope your trip to the mall was a success!

    ReplyDelete