Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Two things

I like going grocery shopping, its a little harder now that I have a baby but its still something I enjoy doing. I usually "wing it" and go with no list and only a few things in mind. When I get home I end up with a bunch of random stuff that doesn't really go together but sounded good to me on that particular day and I usually end up spending way too much money. This week I decided to plan out 6 meals and only buy the things i needed to make those 6 things. Oh my gosh it was awesome! Not only do I not have to think very hard about what is for dinner I ended up with so much stuff and spent way less than normal. It was $90 even though I got organic meat, veggies, and milk and I have enough stuff for almost two weeks because I always cook way too much so we have a lot of leftovers.

Tomorrow is my Nursing school entrance exam. I am kind of nervous but I also feel pretty confidant that I will do well. My GPA is 3.85 which is pretty dang good (high five to me!) so I just need do do well on this test and I'll get to start nursing school in January! I am shooting for a 90! I can miss 22 of the 250 questions and still get an A (I am a numbers person) and I will know my score as soon as I finish. There is no minimum score its just the 32 people with the best test score and GPA combo get in.  Tim is on full baby duty tonight because I am leaving for Starbucks to get one last round of studying in before tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I am the same way at the grocery store. I've tried to plan meals, but for some reason I hate doing it. I need to start though, because we're spending way to much at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and best of luck on your test!

    ReplyDelete