Monday, January 03, 2011

New adventures


Sometimes I tell several people the same story and then I can't remember who I actually told the story to and I hate repeating myself so I end up not telling the people I meant to tell in the first place. I think that happened with our whole daycare plan. I blogged about being very upset about it and then never really discussed our resolution.

I know that a lot of people have to put their children in daycare and its not a terrible thing but I just wanted more than anything for that not to be our circumstances. For us it basically boiled down to money or Henry and we of course chose our son. We can learn to get by on less, we've done it before and I'm sure we'll do it again. It makes me so thankful that we don't have a mortgage forcing us to both be working full time. Henry will never be this small again, we'll never get these days back, so yes I'll sacrifice eating out and driving a new car so that we can be around to catch these precious moments.

The plan we hatched is that Tim will cut his work hours to about 75%  and he will work very early in the mornings, like 4am. until 9am. My school schedule fluctuates a lot so the two days a week that I need to be at school before 9am, Henry's uncle Dan is going to come over and play with him. Most days I'll be home around 3pm and we can all be together for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

This isn't the conventional way to finish college and raise a baby but it's what we will do to get through it. My school starts accepting children into their daycare at 18 months of age, and by that time I think Henry will be ready to try it out, until then though he gets to learn and grow at home with his family.

1 comment: