day 13- your 5 favorite books and why
1. My all time favorite book is Extreamly Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.
The book's narrator is a nine-year-old boy named Oskar Schell. Two years before the story begins, Oskar's father dies on 9/11. In the story, Oskar discovers a key in a vase that belonged to his father that inspires him to search all of New York for information about the key. Oskar is sensitive and quirky and sweet and just makes you feel good all over. I've read this book 3 or 4 times and now I want to read it again. I actually lent my copy to a friend and then re bought it because I didn't want to wait for her to finish reading it before I could read it again.
2. The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
I don't think these need explaining. They are fun, exciting, and get the imagination going.
3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
The story is narrated by a teenager who goes by the alias of "Charlie"; he describes various scenes in his life by writing a series of letters to an anonymous person, whom he does not know personally.
4. The New Kings of Nonfiction by Ira Glass
A collection of stories-some well known, some more obscure- capturing some of the best storytelling of this golden age of nonfiction. It wasn't actually written by Ira Glass but it was compiled by him, and I love everything about him so I love this too!
5. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
Why do some people succeed, living remarkably productive and impactful lives, while so many more never reach their potential? Examining the lives of outliers from Mozart to Bill Gates, he builds a convincing case for how successful people rise on a tide of advantages, "some deserved, some not, some earned, some just plain lucky."





No comments:
Post a Comment