Wednesday, March 16, 2011

oh, hello

I really want to fill everyone in on what is going on in our lives, unfortunately I am not quite sure what is okay to talk about and what isn't. I've been in a very nice nursing home for my clinical this quarter. I like it more than I thought I would. If you would have asked me before we started if I'd ever be interested in working in a nursing home I would have told you NO WAY! However, once I got to meet the residents and spend a little time with them I was able to get comfortable and I stopped being so scared of them. I value every second I got to spend with this group of amazing people and I'm so tankful for my time here. I hope that one day I get the honor of taking care of my family with the same kind of love and respect that the staff at this particular place does.  I'm sure this is one of the reasons that nursing students do clinical rotations. I feel like I am a different person than I was when I began. My next rotation will be in a hospital and while I am excited to experience a new setting, I am going to miss my people at the nursing home, maybe I'll make it back one of these Tuesdays for mahjong!

As for work..... I don't know how much I should talk about because you never know who is reading but I'll give you guys a brief outline. I was under the impression that I paid for a parking pass, turns out I am paying for something else that is around the same price as a parking pass but is NOT a parking pass. An issue came up that had nothing to do with me but when they reviewed the tapes they saw me parking and then began to investigate. I am now in jeopardy of losing my job over a careless mistake on my part. I am working with my union and they feel confidant that everything will work out but its hard to get to sleep at night on "their feeling."

In a worst case scenario, I would be fired over this. I am planning for the worst and hoping for the best. My main concern is Henry's health insurance, as he isn't even a year old and still goes to the doctor on a regular basis. Also, he has a hydrocele that I've mentioned before, that will require surgery if it hasn't gone away by his 1st birthday. AND my scholarship is though my union so if I lost my job, I will also lose my scholarship. I hope that they will let me pay the difference for the parking and keep my job but I am not planning on it.

I have a lot weighing on my heart right now. As a family we would appreciate all of the positive thoughts you could send our way during these trying times. I know we will make it through anything life throws our way because more than anything we love each other, but that doesn't make it easy.


Here is my vloggin vednesday post. Enjoy!


I seem to be able to get every aspect of my pictures in focus except my beautiful son's face.

loving sour cream

silly faces

he loves me

he also loves going for rides in the laundry basket

see?

okay, not so much






And here is a secret video that Tim made. I found it while making my vloggin vednesday post and I think everything he does is great so enjoy some mandolin!


Isn't he adorable? Henry and I are so lucky!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. BTW My Henry has hydrocele as well. It's finally going away though. Good luck with all the work stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good thoughts are coming your way with some prayers along with them. So glad you enjoyed working at the nursing home. I would def. want you to be my nurse if I were in a home. Love you!! Ggrandma B

    ReplyDelete