I want to make a new blog entitled "Super fun things to do on your old work day after you've been fired!"
#1 on that list is go see the Sounders play! Last night was my first Saturday night off in 2 years (minus maternity leave and our Colorado trip, but still)
We took Henry to his first major league soccer game. It was actually all of our first soccer game. The match, as they say, didn't even start until 8pm so I was a little nervous about having Henry out so late but it turned out great! He loved looking at all the fans going nuts for soccer and the loud noise.
The game ended in a 1-1 tie against the Portland Timbers. They said that last night was the highest attended MLS soccer game in Sounders history!
Seattle Sounders fans are crazy! I'm not sure if all soccer teams are like this but everyone stands up the whole game and pretty much cheers the whole time too! I didn't know anything about soccer before this and I still don't know much now but the enthusiasm of the fans was a little intoxicating. Before the night was over we were all cheering out loud! I could definitely see more games in our future, it made me want to learn what soccer is all about, haha.
 |
| In front of Quest Field |
 |
| We were only 6 rows from the field |
 |
| getting Henry-man out of the rain for a bit |
 |
| half time |
 |
| pulling up |
 |
| We got him a baby soccer uniform |
 |
| pulling up |
 |
| passed out in the ergo before it was over |
No comments:
Post a Comment