Monday, May 09, 2011

The wait is over

My boss came in early this morning to hand me the papers I have been dreading for nearly 10 weeks. (The original post about my work drama) I am being dismissed after 4 years of employment. I am thankful that even though he got the papers last week that he waited until after Henry's birthday and mothers day to let me know, it could have really ruined things for me. I thought I would be more emotional about the whole thing but I honestly just feel relieved. No more worrying about what will happen, no more staying up all night long every single weekend, no more being away from my family, no more feeling guilty about taking a vacation day because I want to spend time with my husband on his days off, and most importantly, no more being exhausted on Mondays! Monday is the only full day I get to spend with Henry and I have felt so guilty that I wasn't 100% present for him because I was so sleepy.

I think this is a blessing in disguise, heck maybe its not even disguised, maybe its just a straight up blessing. There is still one more meeting to straighten out my severance package and technically I will resign in lieu of termination. I will have a neutral reference, hopefully some extended health insurance, and they will not fight me signing up for unemployment. So yeah that is what has been weighing on me lately.

It isn't all bad news though, today Henry pulled himself up to a standing position for the first time! I am so proud of him. You should have seen the look on his face as he did it over and over again, I could tell he was pretty proud of himself too!

playing with his birthday train


so sweet

STOP taking my picture!

butt dimples


Mothers day gift from my parents, so cute!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's finally over, and that you will be getting more sleep and time with your boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this ends up being a positive change for your family. Sure sounds like it! It was great to see you and your birthday boy on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly sounds like a weight off your shoulders to have it over. I'm glad you get to spend more time with your family as a result. :)

    ReplyDelete