Friday, June 17, 2011

a proper update


It's 9:40am and my awesome little baby is still asleep. I can't really sleep past 8 anymore so I am already up, drinking coffee, and eating my breakfast. I made Henry some scrambled eggs too, if he ever wakes up.

We had some Texas friends come into town this week which was nice and also a little stressful being that it was my finals week. I somehow managed to have fun with them and still study enough to do well on my tests, thank goodness! Now I get ten whole days where the most important thing I need to do is play with my boy, it doesn't get much better than that! And the friends took off for California but they'll be back in a few days.
I am a joke-ster

meeting up with the Texans for oysters

pretty pretty Holly

Laura and little H
the family that lounges on the extra large couch together, stays together!

Laura Bee and Zach-a-dee


I was so revved up after my test yesterday that I had to make a little Ikea trip to relax, nothing like a giant warehouse full of inexpensive home goods to make you feel all better. We needed some picture frames for 2 new prints that I got from etsy. But of course I got more than that because you can't just buy 2 things at Ikea!
The prints are 8x10

I thought both of these fit our little family perfectly

And now for a little Henry update! He is basically the happiest little guy ever! He talks non stop and is finally saying MAMA to me and DADA to Tim, Dada is his favorite word and he'll say it to everyone though. He just started to say ball too. Henry has 11 teeth including 3 molars!If you ask him where his button is he will lift his shirt and touch his belly button, he also like to lift mommy's shirt in public to find my button! He is really getting into feeding himself with a spoon. He needs us to load it up for him but he is pretty good and getting the food into his mouth using the spoon. I think he is transitioning to one nap but he'll still take two if he wakes up early. He laugh is infectious, he has one of those adorable jolly old man laughs. He got a metal John Deere tractor and trailer toy set for his birthday and the flat bed trailer is his #1 favorite thing to play with, it isn't really age appropriate but he loves it so who am I to take it away? He is obsessed with standing in front of his train table and playing with trucks wile making vroom vroom noises. And the biggest news of all is that he weaned himself! I thought I'd be a little sad about it but I'm not at all. He has taken to cows milk and there is no looking back!



If you wouldn't mind we could use a few votes to get back on the second page, you can vote once a day, just click the link and then click the owl on the left!

Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment