Tim's brother has been watching Henry a few mornings a week when I have school. Last week he got a full time job but told us that his new employer was fine working around our schedule for the next two weeks until my quarter is over.
Last week he said there was no way he could work this Wednesday. I have a final exam and a unit test that day so going in late is not an option for me. Tim is super busy at work and being that he is our only source of income we can't really afford for him to call in sick so I had to call my mom and beg her to call in sick so that we can go to school and work. Luckily she said it was okay but then I found out that the brother in law said he also can't work for us another day next week! It is a day that I am in my clinical so its not miss-able and again Tim can't just call in sick.
I understand that he is really excited about his new job. He has been part time for a while now and I know he is super pumped to bring in some more income but he made a commitment to us in April when I gave him the schedule for the next 3 months. When he was broke and not getting enough hours we offered to pay him to come over and play with his nephew and now because he has something else going on he just expects us to be able to find someone else to watch Henry with only aweek notice and there is just no one available. I can't expect people to call in sick to watch my kid for 2 hours.
I hope this doesn't sound like I hate my brother in law, I am just frustrated with him flaking on us during finals when there is little to nothing I can do to fix the problem.
We actually did manage to find an awesome girl to babysit when summer quarter starts. I made an ad on Care.com and by the end of the day we had 6 different people apply for the job. The girl we picked is a stay at home mama to an adorable 6 month old boy. She is going to watch Henry all summer quarter and if things work out she will stick around for the fall. Tim and I liked her immediately and Henry took right to her too! And it didn't hurt that her little guy has the cutest gummy baby smile I've ever seen.
Now for some lighthearted baby laughter!
I knew we should have come to Seattle this summer! Between Pop & myself, I think we could have managed to care for Henry. Hope you can get everything worked out. Love & Best Wishes
ReplyDeleteLet's tell the truth....there was no begging involved! Henry is such a joy in the mornings with his sweet smile and happy sunny self. Sure wish I could help out more with the morning sittings...who knows maybe we will win the lottery and I can be Henry's personal assistant!
ReplyDelete