Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Spectacles

I decided that it was time for new glasses so I went and got my eyes checked out. The good news is that one of my eyes is exactly the same and the other one is only a smidge worse than it used to be. The bad news is that the frames that I LOVED in the store were over $300 (which doesn't even include lenses and all the other stuff they try to sell you) and they don't happen to take my insurance.

So I went online and found this cool company called Warby Parker. They are awesome! Like for real you guys. First, they do a thing like Tom's where when you buy a pair of glasses from them, they donate a pair to someone in need. Second, every pair of glasses is $95, awesome right? And the coolest part is they have a home try on program. You go on their site and pick out 5 frames you like and they mail them to you for 5 days to try out for FREE. You know, so you don't have to make a huge decision about what your face will look like for the next year all by yourself in an eye clinic. This way you can see what your friends and family think. If you don't like any of them you can mail them all back and try out 5 more all free! I know this probably sounds like an advertisement for Warby Parker  but it isn't, I just think it's a really cool company.

So without further adieu.....please help me pick out my new frames!

These are my current frames, I am embarrassed to say that I've been wearing these glasses since 2008
#1      Beckett

#2    Roosevelt (these frames are black and I would probably go for more of a chestnut if I got them)

#3       Webb

#4       Miles

#5        Wiloughby

7 comments:

  1. And dang it! I got all excited about the company, but they don't do bifocals! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like miles. also, i am totally going there to find my new glasses right now because i have been wearing the same frames since 2006.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Miles and Wiloughby. I may have to go poke around on that site, too. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #4 is my favorite. They look great on you Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #4 or #5! What a fun way to pick out frames!

    ReplyDelete