Tim and I have been married for 40 months today! To celebrate we had a date night on Friday. My dad picked Henry up around 4 and we were out the door to grab dinner by 5. We went to this awesome Cuban place down the street. We've been there several times and it's always amazing, plus they make a pretty darn good mojito. Then we went to see Moneyball with Brad Pitt and were able to pick up Henry by 10pm. If our next 40 months are as fun as these have been I think we'll be in great shape!
 |
| my date night outfit |
This Friday Henry will be 17 months old, I can't believe how fast time is going by. The last month has been HUGE for our little guy. He is now officially walking more than he scoots and when he is walking he isn't holding on to every little thing he walks by. He is repeating words like crazy. Just this morning he saw the pumpkins on our dining room table and he said "ball!" and I said "pumpkin" and he said "um-kim"
 |
| cutie pie |
He can tell you that an owl says hooo-hooo and he has recently started pointing to his diaper after he pee's in it, although not every time. Henry loves to be scared! He likes for me to hide around a corner and jump out when he comes around. He will seriously laugh for minutes! Last night while we were at the book store he managed to take off his diaper while wearing overalls and run around the place with it around his ankle without us knowing for who knows how long. He knows all the parts of his face and a few others like tongue, feet, hair, and belly. He is still an excellent sleeper. He seeps about 13 hours at night and takes a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. He can feed himself with a fork and spoon but sometimes prefers to just use his hands. He can play independently for 15-20 minutes and he chooses books over TV. He loves animals, mostly dogs but he loves our new pet rabbits too. He dances when music comes on and claps his hands when he hears other people do it. He also laughs if everyone else starts laughing. He has never met a stranger and loves sliding and throwing wood chips when we go to the park. Wow that is a lot of stuff!
 |
| pointing to his ear |
He will be starting daycare at my school in January and I am very excited for him. I think he will really thrive in that atmosphere and I know he would love to be around other kids more often.
 |
| Showing you #1 |
 |
| Reading a book called "Are you my mother?" |
Although Henry is mostly sweet, he started biting/scratching/hair pulling recently when he was upset or frustrated. After weeks of trying everything I could think of I finally just bit him back. It wasn't hard and I did it very quickly. Afterward he just laughed at me but he hasn't been doing it as often as he was. In fact he has probably only done it one or two times since then.
Happy 40-month anniversary! Your outfit is super cute!
ReplyDeleteHappy 40 months! And horray for Henry! So many accomplishments this month. Can't wait to hang out with him next weekend!
ReplyDelete