First thing is first, I have been killing it in the kitchen lately! When I went back to school Tim took over the cooking in our house and he does an amazing job, but lately I've been getting back in there and trying out new recipes and it's been a ton of fun. We like to call it teamwork supper because we both make something and alternate keeping Henry entertained. This week I've made Thai food, Indian food, a veggie pot pie, tacos, and several batches of sweet potato chips. Most everything came from the farm or Tim's garden. Also we've started just going to the grocery store everyday. I think some people would be completely turned off by that but it's actually been pretty cool. It lets me send a little bit of money without guilt and Henry and I get out of the house for a while.
And now for the really fun news! Henry and I found out about an indoor toddler playroom at the community center near our house and decided to check it out earlier this week when the weather was nasty, the next morning we both woke u sick and we've been sick ever since. I am actually feeling so crumby that I "called in sick" to my shift at the hospital. I feel really guilty but there is nothing I can do and bringing my sickness into an environment where people are already sick is no good for anyone. This quarter my classmates will spend 10 days in the hospital but because I am making up for last quarter when I wasn't able to do any of my clinical rotations I will be spending 15 days there. You might think that 15 days doesn't sound like much but for each of those 15, ten hour shifts I have to write a report that takes 6-10 hours to complete. And we do this every quarter. But it's all worth it because it will make me a better nurse in the end.
Also Henry is officially a full time walker! He is so happy and cute! If he weren't coughing this terrible sounding cough you wouldn't even know he was sick, well besides the fact that he wakes up in the middle of the night and just wants to play. But even that isn't so bad on days that I don't have school.
This is him playing fetch with himself
No comments:
Post a Comment