Now that my leg muscles are basically equal again (after being non weight bearing on my left side the entire summer) I thought it was time that I get myself back into shape. I'm not going for skinny exactly, just a little less jiggly. For Christmas I asked for a gym membership and I got it!
I am in the process of trying out all of the group classes that are offered. The only thing available after Henry's bedtime tonight was a class called HUSTLE. The website had this to say about the hustle class: This hip hop dance workout utilizes moves that are
easy to follow and that anyone can do. This class takes the fun factor
up a notch with super hot moves that will have you wanting more!
Being that I can't even clap to the beat it should come as no surprise that I am the worlds worst dancer. The only explanation I have for why on earth I thought this class might be fun is that I think I am still riding those motivation waves I tend to get right after the holidays when I feel so bad about all the bad food choices I made and resolve to make the next year, "the year of healthiness."
You guys should have seen me! I was a hot mess! First of all I have this problem where when I watch someone demonstrate something I somehow always do the opposite, so if they move their left leg I move my right. Then I spend the next 20 seconds standing still trying to figure out how to get back on rhythm with everyone else. Also, I'm never quite sure what to do with my arms, I think I tend to just hold them straight out like Frankenstein. At one point in class I was so lost as to what everyone was doing that I just started jumping up and down!
I thought about just walking out about 20 times but decided that to be sure whether or not I liked the class I should stay for the whole hour.. The instructor was very sweet but I'm not positive hip hop dancing is the work out class for me. When I got home and told Tim all about it I was even too embarrassed to show him my cool new dance moves. I'm going to try out a spin class tomorrow. Somehow I think this one will be much much better. Plus it will be the first time I've been on a bike since the accident in June!
best post ever.
ReplyDeleteSure hope you have found a doable exercise routine by now! Cracked me up reading about your experience but I could image me being the same way!
ReplyDelete