Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What Henry is reading

I'm always interested in hearing about great children's books. Henry loves reading so we head to the library at least once a week to stock up on new books. I thought I'd share some of our recent favorites and maybe y'all can share your faves with us!

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Williams
This one is great when Henry gets in the mood to say "NO!" because the pigeon is asking to drive the bus over and over again and it kind of turns no into a positive thing.




Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.




I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen




How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You? by Jane Yolen & Mark Teague
Really we love all of the "How Do Dinosaurs" books. Henry is starting to get really into dinosaurs. We've even started telling him that lettuce is dino food and he Roars before he puts it in his mouth. (and then promptly spits it back out!)

So what have you guys been reading?

2 comments:

  1. Oh man. This is hard. We love all the Knufflebunny books, tons of Dr. Seuss, Animalia, Stellaluna, There's a Nightmare in my Closet, lots of Jan Brett books... Ones in particular that Henry might love: "Mouse Paint" and "The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear." If I think of more, I'll post again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pigeon Finds a Hotdog is my favorite from the Pigeon serious!!

    ReplyDelete