Guess what you guys? Henry is apparently "very laid back and easy going." I never considered him to be a difficult baby but I'm not sure laid back is how I'd describe him either. At home we have a lot issues with biting and hitting and pulling off mom and dad's glasses but it looks like Henry reserves this type of behavior for home only! He has only been to daycare (we decided to call it school) for 2 days but he hasn't cried either time I've left him. In fact I've had to beg him to give me a hug and kiss when I left because he was so busy playing.
On one hand I am incredibly happy for Hen. He loves people and I think daycare is giving him things that I couldn't give him at home. On the other hand I hate that Henry now has this little part of his life that doesn't include me. I guess that is kind of what parenting is all about though, preparing them to do things with out you. I am also so proud of Henry's confidence and independence! I think we must be doing something right if he is eager to try new things without holding our hands. What a brave little guy! His teachers tell me that he never cries and is always up for anything. He eats and sleeps well and loves washing his hands! He seriously tries to wash his hands a million times a day. The sink is right at his level so he can turn the water on all by himself! He will go again tomorrow and then he will be all mine for 4 days, until we start the cycle all over again.
______________
So my last post was a 2011 recap of sorts but I kind of forgot a major thing that happened. I'm not sure what it says about me that I failed to mention that my husband threw me a surprise birthday party! I've always wanted to have a surprise party and Tim made it happen! I was totally fooled. He told me we were going out to eat with my parents but on the way there he got a phone call from a friend of ours who happened to be at the bowling alley that we were driving by and long story short he decided we needed to stop in real quick and say hi. I was VERY annoyed because we were already running late for dinner and I hate being late. So he ran in while Hen and I waited patiently in the car. After about 10 minutes he called to tell me that our friends wanted to see Henry, so I begrudgingly brought him in. Then it was all my favorite people yelling SURPRISE!!!!! It was so great! We all ate pizza and bowled and caught up on who did what and who got what for Christmas! After the bowling party was over my parents took Henry to spend the night with them and Tim and I spent the rest of our evening singing karaoke with our friends. I feel like my 27th year just might be my best year yet!
Love all the recent new posts Jordan! So glad Henry is loving "school". Bet he stays busy as a little beaver there. You & Tim have definitly done a great job parenting that sweet boy. Your surprise Birthday party sounded like a lot of fun and so sweet of Tim to arrange it.
ReplyDelete