So earlier this year Tim and I decided that this is the year we are going to finally pay off all our debt. One of the goals was to finish paying off Tim's portion of the debt before Henry arrives. Well you can call us the biggest procrastinators ever because today is my due date and today we paid off the final bit of debt that he had.
Right now we bank with wells Fargo and while they are convenient they are a little shady so on Friday we are going to go to The Washington State Employees Credit Union and open up a new joint account and when we finally get the final 2 release of debt letters from the bills we paid today we are going to refinance the car with a much much much lower interest rate and hopefully have that paid off here soon too.
I thought I would hate doing this and it would be so hard to pay all the bills and feel like I am not getting anything for it but its been awesome. It feels so good to know that one day soon we will have good credit and we could actually buy a house in the future with out having to come up with 50% or something crazy like that.
YAY for responsibility!
I have WSECU and they're wonderful. Way to go you guys!
ReplyDeleteVery, Very Smart!!!!So proud of both of you:)mom
ReplyDeleteYou two are awesome! So happy and proud of you for sticking to your guns and reducing those debts. Changing from Wells Fargo to WSECU is a really good move! Keep up the good work! Love
ReplyDeletealways,Grandma Bonnie