Thursday, October 14, 2010

up up updating

When Tim gets up for work in the mornings he goes into Henry's room and changes his diaper and then brings him into our room so I don't have to get up. Henry and I usually sleep another hour or so after that. Between the baby and the dog I don't have a lot of room left over and I usually wake up in a weird S shape trying to weave my body around the both of them. Tim thinks this is hilarious! Some people look wonderful when they are asleep, not me, I sleep like an ogre. Seriously, I look like Shrek when I am asleep, hence the heart over my face!



In good news, Henry rolled over! It happened all of the sudden and I don't think he did it on purpose because he hasn't done it again but I suppose this means that we'll have a mover on our hands here soon so its time to start the baby proofing process. Tim missed the roll and we spent a good while trying to get him to do it again on film but he didn't feel like it. I put the video of the unsuccessful attempt on youtube. Its over there -------->
I'll warn you ahead of time, its pretty uneventful.


Also Tim stained the bench we made a few weeks ago, I think it looks great, but we learned an important lesson. I do not know how to sand. I had no idea there was a method to it, I just sanded any direction I felt like until my arm got tired and then I would sand in a different direction. Apparently you are supposed to sand "with" the grain, no one told me! It just so happens that I was in charge of sanding the top piece that you sit on. Before it was stained it wasn't noticeable at all but with the stain it looks like something a preschooler colored. Oh well, its a good thing I am going to make a cushion for the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment