Today is our 3rd anniversary! I wish this blog was about the super awesome fun trip to Oregon we had originally planned but unfortunately it is not. Money is tight this year and then I went and broke my leg so we decided to stay home.
I woke up this morning realizing that I would run out of pain meds before the day was over and after a few phone calls I found out the only way to refill the meds was to go back into the ER and be reevaluated. Tim and Henry dropped me off at the hospital and went to grocery shop and let Henry nap and then came back and picked me up when I was all finished. It was not the way I pictured my anniversary. In fact I found myself crying in my room just wishing I could go back to last week and somehow prevent myself from getting hit by that truck.
Having a broken leg means that I can't walk, get myself a glass of water, pick Henry up from his crib, change his diaper, make him a meal, bathe him take him anywhere, etc It is so hard to be so dang helpless! I know I have apologized to Tim a million times in the last 4 days but I can't help it because I am sorry that he now has to be the husband, dad and wife in our family. He is literally doing everything for me. But he is superman and doesn't seem to mind taking care of everything (at least not yet!)
Now I just want to tell everyone how awesome my mom is. She knew that we weren't doing anything today for our anniversary so she talked to me while I was in the ER alone and made me feel better, then she cooked us an awesome dinner (salad with home made dressing, tomato crab bisque soup, a whole french roll, shrimp alfredo pasta with mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes, and a cheesecake!) brought it over to our house and then served us like she was a waitress! And she got us tickets to see one of our favorite musicians ever (John Prine) in September! Seriously how great is my mom? She even did all the dishes.
I've somehow managed to surround myself with A+ people and I'm not quite sure how I got to be so dang lucky.



You sure are loved Jordan! I'm glad your day turned around.
ReplyDeleteoh my god! i'm so sorry you are injured! i didn't know. i'm hoping that your family will go back to normal soon and that day by day pain is less and less intense for you. dang, that really sucks!
ReplyDeleteYes, you sure are loved Jordan even tho this Grandma forgot to send your Anniversary card this year!!!! I know you have the best Mother ever and she has been a wonderful daughter-in-law as well. The meal she made for you & Tim sounds great! Pop & I send lot's of love your way.
ReplyDeleteYou got hit by a truck? What the heck?
ReplyDelete